Our certificate in drafting is handy for those wanting entry level positions in the architectural field. If you’re interested in receiving a drafting certificate, you can readily receive it here at House Plan Drafting because we offer training in the skill set that will help you build a career in architectural drafting. This program generally takes 2 to 3 months to complete (recommended), depending on you and your willingness to learn! However, you do have 1 year from enrollment to finish.
Going through this curriculum allows the students to learn how to prepare the technical drawings needed for a building inspector to approve new home construction and for the builder to accomplish this task. These skills will give you the needed discipline to work for a residential architect, designer, or engineer.
Acceptance is guaranteed as there is no application for enrollment. A high school diploma is a plus but not required. You do need to posses the following however:
- Have a basic understanding of elementary geometry. (basic shapes)
- Have basic computer and internet skills in order to access these courses.
- A willingness to learn a new software, ie… Computer Aided Drafting (CAD) unless you are taking these courses using a drafting board.
Your certificate will be awarded to you once you complete the following steps:
- Complete all 10 of the the Single Story lessons.
- Submit your finished Single Story drawings in PDF format to be reviewed.
- Complete corrections to your Single Story drawings as instructed. (if any are required) You will be graded at this stage.
- Complete all 9 of the the Two Story lessons
- Submit your finished Two Story drawings in PDF format to be reviewed.
- Complete corrections to your Two Story drawings as instructed. (if any are required) You will be graded at this stage.