Welcome to House Plan Drafting, the Architectural Drafting Classroom on the Internet. If you’re interested in learning to draw house plans, you’ve come to the right place. When you complete this course, you’ll have the knowledge to draw the Floor Plan, Elevations, Foundation, Roof Plan, & Details for the “Ranch Style Home”. The Next Step, which is included, is “Drawing The Two Story Home”, which contains more complex Sectional Details, Electrical, and Dimensions. The rancher and two story are the basis for most houses built today.
My name is Tim Davis and drafting is what I do for a living. From this web site, I’ll lead you through an uncomplicated & well planned course in drawing house plans. This is “NOT” a Tutorial or a Mini Course. House Plan Drafting Single and Two Story are full blown Courses that will teach you to create usable and submission ready house plans. Don’t let the low tuition price fool you. This course took over 2 years to create!
We’ll be using the Internet as our chalkboard & textbook. In the Lesson Plans, you’ll find a summary of what we’ll be learning. These lessons are accessed from the protected directories of our site and you may take as much time as you wish to complete each one. There’s no rush! You have an entire year to complete both courses. If you need extra time, just let me know.
As an added extra, besides the bonus sections, symbols, and details, I’ve supplied complete house plan CAD files for you to study while you’re learning.
And there’s no problem if you want to use a drafting board for the lessons! I’m building a course just for the drafting board at http://draftingboard.us/. In the mean time, you may use this course if you’re learning on the board. There is a drafting board primer course you can take for free by clicking here!
CAD programs successfully used with these courses:
- DraftSight – This is the recommended CAD program for House Plan Drafting. DraftSight is a wonderful AutoCAD clone and better yet, it’s free!
- General CADD – The Generic CADD rebuild for windows. Excellent program!
- CadStd – This program was used to build some of my other courses. There is also a free version of CadStd.
- QCAD – So far it looks good to use in House Plan Drafting. It’s also free!
- AutoCAD – The industry standard.
$49.95 – Full access to both the single and two story courses for 1 year.
Using our protected directories, you’ll have access to:
- Each and every lesson
- The CAD symbols needed to complete the courses, ie, doors, windows, electrical, etc…
- Full Tech Support
- CAD instruction videos
- Two separate and complete residential architectural courses
- Full PDF examples of completed house plans
- A CAD symbols library that will serve you well, even after the courses are
- Full Tech Support
- Instant access to all of the above after paid registration for one full
If you have any questions, please feel free to “Contact Me“